It’s Free Shopping Friday!! And today I’m going to attempt to explain how I pay for Christmas without cash (and NO I don’t use credit!!) I know it seems a little early to be thinking about Christmas, but if you’re going to use this method, it will take about a year for it to work.
Last year I stumbled upon a website called Swagbucks. I had signed up for survey sites before and really didn’t feel that they were worth it, but there were so many good reviews about Swagbucks I just had to try it out. I soon learned that I could earn gift cards fairly quickly without a lot of work (I’ve never filled out a survey for Swagbucks.)
You’ll first need to sign up for an account. If you are new to Swagbucks, I would really appreciate if you would sign up through my referral link. I receive extra Swagbucks for all of my referrals.
I usually earn about 70-80 Swagbucks a day. Here is my daily routine to get there:
1. I take the daily poll. This takes about 5 seconds and earns me 1 Swagbuck.
2. I click through the No Obligation Special Offers. This takes about a minute and earns me 2 Swagbucks.
3. I use the Swagbucks search bar to do web searches. This usually takes about a minute. You win various amounts when searching. I’ve won as low as 7 swagbucks and as high as 50. The best time to search is in the morning and right before bed. Just search for things as you normally would, only using Swagbucks’ search engine,
4. I use the Swagbucks TV app on my iPad. It’s an App that runs various movie trailers, advertisements, and little segments. To tell you the truth, I really don’t know what it plays because I just let it run while I’m cleaning, cooking, charging my device, or sleeping. If you let it run long enough, you can earn up to 50 Swagbucks a day.
5. I find swag codes. Swagbucks will randomly put out swag codes you can enter for points on their blog, Facebook, or twitter. If you catch them before they expire, you can get extra Swagbucks.
I usually redeem my Swagbucks for Amazon gift cards, as they are they best deal. A $5 Amazon gift card is 450 Swagbucks so it takes me about a week to earn that. I estimate that I can earn about $400 in Amazon gift cards from Swagbucks a year (I also earn Amazon cards from different sites that I’ll explain more about in another Free Shopping post.)
If you’re not a fan of Amazon, there are many other prizes and gift cards to chose from such as Starbucks, PayPal, restaurant gift cards, and Home Depot. Note: these are usually all egiftcards that come in the form of electronic codes.
I’m sure some of you will laugh and think that it is hardly worth it to earn $5 a week, but I really don’t do much work and these “snowflakes” do help at Christmas time!! It’s my goal to not use any cash for this year’s Christmas. We shall see!